Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

REWIND : 2008

Where was I?
Oh I remember......I was living in Cork for the summer before my degree show. Studying Sculpture in Limerick School of Art and Design. I was starting the whole 'miss penny dreadful' make-up look. As you can see my huge neon yellow lashes were just the start of it! This shot was taken in Freakscene on my 23rd birthday! Myself and 3 friends from Limerick had gone out for the night after drinking in my place!
I was growing out my mowhawk and had dyed it a dark brown. Which I am not sure I liked.....
As for dating? I was seeing a post grad student from UCC at the time and someone else who I can't name. Not for legal reasons but shame reasons!
I was living in a tiny flat on Mardyke road and working part time in a clothes store. The house was beautiful red brick with huge amounts of ivy covering the walls. I lived on the first floor with two girls from Kerry who worked nights. I was studying for my thesis which meant I spent hours photographing the carpark in Cork which I based my study on. Documenting hours of graffiti which I eventually made a mini documentary on.
For night life I would visit Freakscene and the Brog most nights. G, E, T and K were my friends at the time. They would come down from Limerick to hang out with me. However, most of the time I knew very little people. I would meet M from work to have coffee most nights.
I miss the innocence! I miss the flat! Most of all I miss being 23!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar