I think that most people want to die at home, in their own bed. At least
that's what I often hear. It would be my preference.
I met with a hospice director today and signed the paperwork to have in-home care
for my Mom. I could have arranged to have her moved to a nursing home, but I
could not bring myself to do it. She is not improving and will never be the same.
It's not what she wanted.
So hopefully tomorrow she will be returning to the home she loved for what has
been sadly a short time. We had so many plans to spend time tending the garden
and putting up the potting shed. Doing things that Moms and daughters love
to share.
We recently received the catalog we requested from the Antique Rose Emporium.
We had marked the roses we wanted to order. Then the stroke. And all those
plans have been shoved aside.
Sometimes life can change in an instant and the hopes and dreams that were shared
may never be realized.
But I never will give up on a miracle happening. So I will keep her
comfortable and stay by her side. I will fill her room with flowers and
play her favorite music. Bentley can snuggle next to her and I will read
her stories. And I will love her deeply each precious moment we have
left together.
Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley







0 Yorumlar